Wednesday 10 November 2010

I Won First Prize!

I woke up yesterday morning to a great email, letting me know I was the winner of the Malabrigo Sock Design contest. (If you're not familiar with mal yarn, Sock is the name of the yarn type). As a prize I get to choose any Malabrigo Yarn and colorway of your choosing, and they're going to send me a whole bag of it. Plus, a whole bag of their test yarn, Dos! I've rarely been so excited!

I've just posted my pattern on Ravelry, and you can buy it there (or click below). My whole store is now viewable, even if you're not a member of Ravelry.




This pattern was inspired by the beautiful Malabrigo Sock Indiecita colorway and T.S. Eliot’s “sea-girls wreathed in seaweed”. As I looked at the yarn, I could envisage the sea otters and mermaids, tangling themselves in the safety of the kelp forests on a cold winter day. You can twine yourself in this twisting kelp pattern, featured on the cuffs of the fingerless mitts and hat band, while staying toasty on land or sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment